It can be difficult getting started with Arma 3. There are many mods and you can tweak a lot of settings. This page is still under development, but the goal is to show you how to get started and list some useful Arma 3 resources.
We use several mods on our TG so we've created a modset containing all the mods we use for easy download. To get started, see SAS_Fluffy's guide on Downloading the A3 Modset with A3Sync.
Configuring the Arma 3 mods
1) Move your Userconfig folder
Locate the folder named Userconfig in mod folder where you downloaded your mods to. Move the folder to the root of your Arma 3 directory.
2) Task Force Radio (TFAR)
a) Task Force Radio uses TeamSpeak 3 in order to fully function. Locate your newly downloaded mods, go to @SAS_Gameplay, and then TFAR plugins.
b) Locate the plugins folder in your TeamSpeak 3 directory (ie. C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins) and move the contents from the TFAR plugins folder to the TeamSpeak 3 plugins folder.
c) Launch TeamSpeak 3 and in the menu choose Settings -> Plugins. Tick Task Force Arma 3 Radio.
- Armaholic.com: website with A3 mods (the ones we use are included in the modset mentioned above).
- ACE3 Wiki: ACE is a mod that adds a new layer of realistic gameplay. It has many features, and this is a link to the ACE3 documentation so you can get an overview of its features and how to use them (ie. shortcuts).
- Task Force Radio: TFAR is also included in the modset, so this link is just to show you the functions and shortcuts of TFAR.
- Shack Tac Wiki: Interface mod that give you an overview of nearby team members.
This is the standard equipment you are expected to use, when playing our Arma 3 Training Ground 4
- Combat Uniform MTP [BAF] uniform
- Osprey MK4 Grenadier (or MK4 MG if Gunner) vest
- Bergen MTP Rifleman H backpack
- MK7 Helmet [BAF]
- AN/PRC-148 JEM Radio
- Rugged Tablet GPS
- Altimeter watch
Long Distance: Radio Bergen MTP SL L [BAF]