I know this isnt the greatest game but its actually worth getting now, i picked mine up from futureshop for 22 bucks (thats with tax). I heard that it has a lot of problems but If there was a mod to fix it all i think things would go great for this game.
I'm a resident cheap rat bastard, and I say $19.99 is too much !
With the ammount of stuff I'd think that game would need changing it'd be better to start an Open Source project to write a TacFPS in Java, then pay some one to do the textures/audio.
I will pass, as I don't see any improvement over RVS series.
it is too much, also is unoffically not supportted though there is a rumor of an actual patch team working on something, but i doubt it will really help any of it
"Game over man." Pvt. Hudson. SAS 22nd E.V.R.
well I read that these is a patch thats being worked on, it was posted on may 19 2006 (my 21st birthday btw lol) here are the notes
- Sound popping should be fixed both in software and hardware modes
- Improved software buffer sound
- Added in-game option to select hardware/software mixing
- Fixed some 3D sound propagation issues
- Fixed a few AI issues
- Fixed smoke grenade bug for AI team members
- Fixed a few hostage issues in MP Rivalry modes
- Added direct connect to server command line option "lockdown -client ipaddressort", i.e. "lockdown -client 10.24.45.80:2346"
- Improved ping time number, still does a full game loop ping
- Fixed connection issues when playing online
- Fixed some online dialogs and queries
- Changed PunkBuster behavior so it doesn't automatically turn off
- Added ability to specify game port for online and offline connection
- Fixed unlimited rounds on dedicated server
- Encrypted Ubi.com passwords
- Fixed a few game browser filtering issues
- Fixed Free For All spawn location bug for 'merc' side
- Fixed a few bugs affecting scoring in Rivalry modes
- Added spectator mode view when you die in No Respawn games
- New command line "lockdownded filename.nds"
- New rcon command "nextmap"
- Fixed more than a few crash issues
- Dedicated server doesn't require D3D to run anymore
- Multiple bug fixes
- Added a few rcon commands
- Added 16-player dedicated server support
- Dedicated server can now be started from the command line
- Ability to run multiple servers using different ports/IP addresses on a single machine
- Fixed a few issues with reticule disappearing or not being the proper color in some game MP modes
- Fixed a few crashes related to kits and loadouts
- Fixed a few crash issues
- Fixed a search order issue preventing replacement of guns, items, etc.
- Added suicide and suicidesp console commands
"disableVoiceCommand", turn off voice recognition
"spAlternateMovementSpeed", to use old Rainbow Six/Raven Shield walk/run speeds
"usePlayerNameOnline", allows player to use their PlayerName when going online instead of Ubi.com login name
"LANPortNumber", Default 2346 allows you to change LAN port
Changing the offline connection port should only be done if you KNOW what you are doing since ONLY machines using the SAME LAN port will be able to see each other to play the game. Changing this setting on a single machine will effectively prevent the machine from playing with others.
"UBIDotComPortNumber",Default 2346. Changing this can help fix router/firewall issues
"LANIPAddress", default "0.0.0.0". Mostly for tech people (not recommended unless you know what you are doing)
"UBIIPAddress", default "0.0.0.0". Mostly for tech people (not recommended unless you know what you are doing)
LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!
For the love of!
That the price is so low now just shows how poor the game is.
How can they fix the one thing thats wrong with it.
The General Design!!!!
Lt_Col WIZ, VC, MiD (Ret)
If it was any game but lockdown I'd dissiagree James.
If it wouldn't mean most of my life savings, I'd buy it just to try the patch and AI Mod later on.
Hey guys, when this game gets patched, it will be a really good COOP game, thats if they fix it lol, i foun this, and it will be really helpful, its even better then the one in RVS.... its a planning toolhttp://www.foolishentertainment.com/index.asp?p=2&s=7&c=2
maybe i still see no more in coop other then 4 man which is not for us to even bother trying
"Game over man." Pvt. Hudson. SAS 22nd E.V.R.
He's got a point,we'd need at least a 8-Players server if we where to ever get recruitment going.
SWAT4's 5-Man is bad enouhg since they won't patch TSS so we can adopt that.
they are gonna extend that to 8, lol actually sadly now u can only have 3 in a server, lmao the server acts as 1 person lmao :eek: