Greetings [SAS] Members, Friends and Visitors,
Hot off the presses... This is not a complete list, just a peek. Looks Good to me !
PATCH 1.30 Official change list
- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.
Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that will spawn in game.
Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that will spawn for each team. For Example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC, Chinese, or their allies, While Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.
Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is easyest, 100 is the most difficult.
- Default Kit Selection:
The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between maps.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Tweaks
- Fixed issues with remote console and Linux server
- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.
- Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.
- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.
- Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.
- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets
- Friendly Vehicle Lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
The box with an X trough it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.
- Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality
- Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.
- Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.
- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle
- Added custom messages for server so that the private messages may be sent directly to a player. Messages may be sent from the server using the following command in the console.
host.sgl_sendTextMessage( playerid, channelid, typeid, text, flags )
Here is an example: host.sgl_sendTextMessage( 0,14,1, "Message Goes Here", 0 )
- Adjusted award criteria
- Added deterrent system against alternative ranking ???? does that mean
- Fixed Linux server crash: A ranked server that can no longer connect to the GameSpy backend will become an unranked server.
- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account
- Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)
[color=yellow][SAS] 22nd E.V.R. - SAS_VET_EN4CER /[color] Virtus Disciplina Unitas
They also have a new add on coming out soon. It has A-10 and other tank busting aircraft.
SAS_VET_Centurion. And that is my $.02 Cdn. worth!!! Just because I am 51, does not mean I am old!
i like it
Lt_Col WIZ, VC, MiD (Ret)
Does this mean that co-op has been added to the game officially then and if it is whats the AI like for the bots?
If coop means human vs. AI and other missions than just captureing flags this could be kinda interesting.
if what en4cer wrote is true it too sounds like an offical release of coop ot the game which reopens the game to a possibility
"Game over man." Pvt. Hudson. SAS 22nd E.V.R.
Great news battlefield 2 is a great game with many units. Obviously the game is great human vs human but having the game for clan purposes as co-op I feel would work. Especially when you can change bot difficulty.
About bloody time, it took me half a week to get my last 4 unlocks that I slaved for.
Nice long long way of doing things.
I suspect that Coop will not track stats = i.e. no unlocks or awards inless Coop time is needed for awards.
In single player on elite the op4 AI at lest looks as if they want to work together. (A few versions ago any way.)
EDIT: I think what I have to say below this point belongs in the Members Forum; so I have posted it there.
co-op would be nice. might motivate me enough to upgrade my computer to handle bf2 better and buy the expansion packs
Do we have a date on this?
Lt_Col WIZ, VC, MiD (Ret)